The Teacher as Catholic Role Model
JPII Teachers strive for academic and spiritual excellence themselves, so that they can model for students how to live as a Catholic adult engaging with the world and sharing the truths of Christ and his Church. To that end, it is crucial that all JPII teachers adopt the role of a true educator, not merely a teacher who imparts information.
These are the types of roles we are currently excited to talk to candidates about:
1st grade teacher – 21 hours per week.
4th grade teacher – 21 hours per week.
Fine arts teacher – 3 hours per week
Pre-algebra teacher – 3 hours per week
Job Requirements for a Hybrid School Teacher at JPII:
- Education: Fresh college graduates, experienced homeschool parents, semi-retired teachers, or candidates with a similar background. Knowledge of homeschooling or classical education or the liberal arts tradition is very useful.
- Catholic Role Model: Demonstrated commitment to living as a Christian adult, engaging with the world and sharing the teachings of Christ and his Church.
- Academic Excellence: Commitment to intellectual growth and a dedication to ongoing learning.
- Spiritual Excellence: A deep understanding of Catholic teachings and a personal commitment to spiritual growth.
- True Educator: Embraces the role of a true educator, focusing not only on imparting information but also on fostering character development and critical thinking skills in students. A genuine passion for guiding and nurturing the academic and spiritual growth of students, in alignment with the mission and values of JPII.
- Collaborative Spirit: Ability to work effectively with colleagues, parents, and students in a hybrid school environment.
- Adaptability: Flexibility in teaching methods to accommodate a diverse group of learners, including those participating in-person.
- Strong Communication Skills: Clear and effective communication with students, parents, and colleagues, both in-person and through digital platforms.
- Technologically Proficient: Comfortable using various technology tools to facilitate remote learning and to enhance the overall educational experience.